Join us for a mountain lake circuit of
over 150 km, starting from the Cluj to Tarnita Lake and
then through the forests to Belis Lake! Belis village is located 80 km away from Cluj, having
around 1300 inhabitants. Between 1970 and 1974, during the works
on the Fantanele dam, the old village has been moved away from
its original location in the valley to the nearby hills. Nowdays
the Belis lake (9,8 squre km) covers the entire village,
but ocasionaly, on dry summers, the old church can be seen rising
from the deeps...
If the summer weather is fine, don't forget your swimming costumes
since we'll stop for a few hours bathing.
As for the lunch we can chosen between a traditional meal in
a restaurant on the edge of Belis Lake, or having a barbeque
in a clearing on a wood fire, close to the water. Please bring
whatever food you like for the barbeque!
Finally, on the way back to Cluj, you have the choice of visiting
Huedin's church, or doing some hand-crafts shopping in Izvorul
Crisului village, or maybe even both!
- duration - between 12 and 13 hours;
- validity - thoughout the year; swimming can be possible only
in the summer season'
- minimum persons required - 2
- what to bring: swimming costumes, the food you prefer for
barbeque; Note: in case of swimming, remember our guides are not qualified
rescuers. No responsability can be accepted in any case of accidents.
- 91 euros / person for minimum 2 persons;
- 55 - 60 euros / person for 3 - 4 persons;
- 32 - 45 euros / person for 5 - 7 persons;
- 20 - 28 euros / person for 8 - 11persons;
- 16 - 18 euros / person for 12 - 14 persons;
Note: get 10 euros off the total
price by being accommodated at Retro
- transfer and tour Cluj -Tarnita Lake - Belis Lake - Cluj,
by car or minibus;
- English, German, Italian or Hungarian speaking guide;
- snack and refreshings, in the car;
- the meals during the day;
- personal expenses.