The Bears Cave and
Baile Felix thermal baths - one day trip!
For those who want to see two of the
most attractive tourist destinations in the western Transylvania,
to have a brush with the Apuseni Mountains and discover the
old ways of life, this trip is the best choice!
We will descend into the depths of the Bears Cave to
find an extraordinary range of stalagmite and stalactite formations
varying in size and forms as well as a lot of cave bear's traces.
The cave was named so, as numerous "cave bears" (Ursus
spelaeus) who lived 15.000 years ago,were found here. The cave
was undisturbed until September 17 1983, when it was discovered
during quarry works. The marble and limestone of this area was
mined by the inhabitants of the nearby village Chiscãu.
So the rediscovery of the cave after a blast, was only a matter
of time. The first one who visited the cave was the quarry worker
Curta Traian from Chiscãu.
The one hour long visit will take you on the superior level
of the cave where you can admire different sections of the site
such as the Candles Gallery.
Soon after, we'll enjoy the lunch together with a glass of "palinca"
(a traditional home-made plum brandy) in Chiscau at the local
On the way back we will relax for several
hours in a thermal spa at Baile Felix, where the hot
springs have been known since the Roman times. Baile Felix
and 1 Mai are two thermal spa resorts located in a hilly area
with beach and oaktree woods, 8 km S of the municipality of
Oradea. The resorts host many mineral springs with thermal waters
(20-48°C), oligothermal, radioactive, sulphurated, calcic,
sodic, bicarbonated waters known since the beginning of the
Finally, on the way back to Cluj, if you all agree, we can chose
of doing some hand-crafts shopping in Izvorul Crisului village
To conclude, this trip gives you the opportunity to have a brief
introduction into the Romanian folk heritage, but also to relax
and enjoy the scenery!
- duration - between 9 and 11 hours;
- validity - thoughout the year;
- minimum persons required - 2.
- 135 euros / person for minimum 2 people;
- 90 euros / person for 3 people;
- 68 euros / person for 4 people;
- 70 euros / person for 5 people;
- 58 euros / person for 6 people;
- 50 euros / person for 7 people;
- 44 euros / person for 8 people;
- 45 - 29 euros / person for 9 - 14 people;
- 34 - 50 euros / person for 15 - 20 people;
- 48 - 32 euros / person for 21 - 31 people;
Note: get over 20% off the total
price by being accommodated at Retro
- transfer and tour Cluj - The Bears Cave - Felix thermal baths
- Cluj, by car or minibus;
- English, German, Italian or Hungarian speaking guide;
- snack and coffee, in the car; Prices excludes:
- entrance tickets to the Bears Cave and Felix thermal baths;
- the lunch in Chiscau village;
- personal expenses.